Skip to main content

CG Character Cont'd Development 7

Session Notes

After frustratingly contemplating on the changes James Taylor made in his tutorial. I decided to stop attempting to match my character head to his exactly and simply use his steps as a guideline instead of a rule.

Furthermore, drawing the final moments of adjusting the upper vertices of the face. James Taylor interestingly makes use of a sphere to form the shape of the skull.

However, as adjustments were being applied to the sphere's vertices. I had to grudgingly repeat my steps since the edge lines of the sphere did not accurately align to the face mesh. (figure a)

Figure A

In addition, to those issues, I had to reacquaint myself with the soft selection feature which allows me the flexibility to move the vertices of a mesh fluidly compared to the standard rough and cut movement.

Figure B

However, the soft select feature was incredibly tedious since I had to change the "Fall off Radius" settings. Meaning the area in where I could drag the vertices like clay repeatedly for each particular object. (figure b)
....

References

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl1utGRX9aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhtI-vKx8YY&t=761s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LpQd7WcYmY

https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=33746

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/MayaLT/files/GUID-C693E884-F81A-4858-B5D6-3856EB8F394E-htm.html

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomad Production: Finishing Touches

Session Notes Taking a moment to resume progress with the character I have made sure each part of the model's vertices, uv mapping, textures and topology areas clean and organised as possible before attempting to pose the character in Zbrush. using a plugin named Transpose However, while successfully importing a clean model of my character into Zbrush using the spheres to rig the character proved challenging considering I am still new to some of Zbrush's features and thus proved far too time-consuming for the academic deadline. Nevertheless, I have downloaded KeyShot 5 and attempted to render features of the nomad such as the tribal mask and truly show it off by making the render look as detailed as possible. Browsing ArtStation once more and observing others renders I pasted and edited a lovely forest green grunge background along with applying subtle lighting effects I learned from Photography to create a colour and vibrant render sheet. Henceforth, after combini...

Playing Around in ZBrush

Session Notes Playing around n ZBrush! ..... References http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/sculpting-a-head/ http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/basic-concepts/2d-and-3d-navigation/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WL11hCGGA https://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-zbrush/cedric-seaut-s-character-modeling-download-only.html IMPORT FROM MAYA TO ZBRUSH http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=129098 http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?3878-Maya-model-into-ZBrush windows->settings and preferences->plugin manager enable the objexport plugin and you will see the option available in the export menu. The import button is located into ztool panel on the top left ! Yes, the Import button at the top of the Tool palette lets you import an OBJ mesh. If you ever wanted to import a DXF model, you would have to select the Polymesh3D tool and then use Tool>Inventory> Import with the DXF option active.26 Aug 2003 By ...

CG Character Development Session 46

Session Review Figure a Following on from the previous session, over the past week I have proceeded to create a series of my own texture in order to replace most of the ones I located across the internet in order to avoid plagiarism and make the nomad character as authentic in its production as possible. Figure b Moreover, considering that my other classmates have applied bump maps to their characters in order to add definition to their character's clothing. I recalled a free piece of software known as "Crazy Bump" which is a quick and easy way to create bump maps from image files. It is also worth mentioning that when applying the bump map that the type of bump map is set as shown in figure a.  The reason I chose to use my map as a "Tangent Space Normals" is because to my understanding from the tutorial it is normally used for standard game models according to the instructor. Additionally, the bump maps have applied a tremendous amount ...