Skip to main content

(OLD) CG Nomad Final Session Log



Session Review

During the events of this final academic session of the nomad, my current concentration was focused on applying more detail to the nomad's helmet and creating a new skin texture.

Moreover, the reason for me creating a new skin texture from the previous face skin was because of the previous skin had a harsher completion on the character and a fellow classmate found it unnerving.

Moreover, browsing through my photography CDME module folder, I used a portion of my skin an
d re shaded indigo in order to create a smoother and more tillable face skin for the nomad. I must say I was very impressed with the quality of detail with the final skin render (figure a).

Furthermore, returning to the class I continued to face difficulty successfully, uv mapping the characters head.  However, thanks to constructive criticism from both the lecturer and fellow classmates I proceeded to follow a tutorial from Vimeo, which I personally felt was much simpler to follow and the techniques used suited my needs perfectly.

In addition, contemplating on the lecturer's words of making sure the majority of my textures are as original as possible I proceeded to create a texture for my character's hair using the paintbrush tools in Photoshop CC.
figure a

Overall, I am pleased with the development process of the nomad (figure a,b);however, I will most definitely take the time to create and apply further detail to key features of the nomad. Aesthetic detail such as the feathers along with his armour and spirit mask, as well as perhaps creating a new head that is not box modelled from a cube and instead create each feature of the human face as separate meshes similar to the methods of James Taylor and Ryan Kittleson.


figure b

References

https://pixlr.com/editor/


https://vimeo.com/25628989

http://ommorphiabeautybar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img_0092.jpg

http://www.videogamesartwork.com/sites/default/files/images/image/1390237878/ageofconan_prop_item_stygian_ancestor_masks_by_torstein_nordstrand.jpg

http://www.dreamlengthshair.com/media//colorselectorplus/swatches/15.jpg

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomad Production: Finishing Touches

Session Notes Taking a moment to resume progress with the character I have made sure each part of the model's vertices, uv mapping, textures and topology areas clean and organised as possible before attempting to pose the character in Zbrush. using a plugin named Transpose However, while successfully importing a clean model of my character into Zbrush using the spheres to rig the character proved challenging considering I am still new to some of Zbrush's features and thus proved far too time-consuming for the academic deadline. Nevertheless, I have downloaded KeyShot 5 and attempted to render features of the nomad such as the tribal mask and truly show it off by making the render look as detailed as possible. Browsing ArtStation once more and observing others renders I pasted and edited a lovely forest green grunge background along with applying subtle lighting effects I learned from Photography to create a colour and vibrant render sheet. Henceforth, after combini

CG Character Development Session 2

Session Review Gestural drawings attempting to study nature of character Yesterday afternoon I began to sketch a series of masks,  helmets and heads from both impulsive imagination and two books named the book of arms and armaments. Continuing from that session I began to create both a series of more primary sketches and look for further inspiration and form my digital mood board. after creating the armoured squid helmet I began to look for more insects and aquatic animals from the natural world since Overall this session was satisfying because I have begun to conceive visually interesting ideas for both the mantis images and tribal spirit masks. References https://www.pinterest.com/pin/123849058473097860/ https://img0.etsystatic.com/006/0/6858532/il_fullxfull.370945866_n78v.jpg http://ancientpoint.com/imgs/a/g/f/k/r/africa_tribal_mask_fearsome_ritual_religion_wood_sculpture_spirit_medium_bantu_1_lgw.jpg http://www.aplusafricanart.com/ADD12/50001.jpg http://

CG Character Development Session 46

Session Review Figure a Following on from the previous session, over the past week I have proceeded to create a series of my own texture in order to replace most of the ones I located across the internet in order to avoid plagiarism and make the nomad character as authentic in its production as possible. Figure b Moreover, considering that my other classmates have applied bump maps to their characters in order to add definition to their character's clothing. I recalled a free piece of software known as "Crazy Bump" which is a quick and easy way to create bump maps from image files. It is also worth mentioning that when applying the bump map that the type of bump map is set as shown in figure a.  The reason I chose to use my map as a "Tangent Space Normals" is because to my understanding from the tutorial it is normally used for standard game models according to the instructor. Additionally, the bump maps have applied a tremendous amount