Skip to main content

CG Character Development Session 44

Session Review

Proceeding from the previous session, I returned to progress my experience with uv mapping sand create a successfully flattened UV map of the character's arm as instructed in the tutorial.

Moreover, this time I had certainly learned to allot and my work rate was faster, however, after trying to go to Create UVs > Projection and make my cut UV's appear in the UV editor window it did not display my selection with the edges of the model selected. Instead, I had to select the arms faces not edges in order for something to appear on the screen.

Despite the fact I made the arm appear in the uv editor window. It appears that my multiple attempts to unfold and flatten the arm out was unsuccessfully(figure 2) and purely because the program itself appears to be glitchy.
Figure 2 The Irony

Naturally,  half an hour later I discovered a useful video boasting how to create a successful uv map by ???

Furthermore, before I returned to uv map the character, I duplicated the nomad's bodysuit in order to re shaded it black and use Maya's simple textures in case I failed to UV map and paste mt textures before the submission.

Moreover, once the bodysuit was created I was in the process of shading the suit black until a discovery was made.  One of the individual faces were selected instead of the model and that face alone was shaded with a new colour. It is worth mentioning that, this is the same method, I used to texture a previous model in 3ds max.

Simple selecting individual faces of the model and pasting specific textures in specific areas of the model can be a very efficient and simple way to texture a model and is a method I will consider highly.

References

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rVgZzzACGY

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomad Production: Finishing Touches

Session Notes Taking a moment to resume progress with the character I have made sure each part of the model's vertices, uv mapping, textures and topology areas clean and organised as possible before attempting to pose the character in Zbrush. using a plugin named Transpose However, while successfully importing a clean model of my character into Zbrush using the spheres to rig the character proved challenging considering I am still new to some of Zbrush's features and thus proved far too time-consuming for the academic deadline. Nevertheless, I have downloaded KeyShot 5 and attempted to render features of the nomad such as the tribal mask and truly show it off by making the render look as detailed as possible. Browsing ArtStation once more and observing others renders I pasted and edited a lovely forest green grunge background along with applying subtle lighting effects I learned from Photography to create a colour and vibrant render sheet. Henceforth, after combini...

Playing Around in ZBrush

Session Notes Playing around n ZBrush! ..... References http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/sculpting-a-head/ http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/basic-concepts/2d-and-3d-navigation/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WL11hCGGA https://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-zbrush/cedric-seaut-s-character-modeling-download-only.html IMPORT FROM MAYA TO ZBRUSH http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=129098 http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?3878-Maya-model-into-ZBrush windows->settings and preferences->plugin manager enable the objexport plugin and you will see the option available in the export menu. The import button is located into ztool panel on the top left ! Yes, the Import button at the top of the Tool palette lets you import an OBJ mesh. If you ever wanted to import a DXF model, you would have to select the Polymesh3D tool and then use Tool>Inventory> Import with the DXF option active.26 Aug 2003 By ...

CG Character Development Session 46

Session Review Figure a Following on from the previous session, over the past week I have proceeded to create a series of my own texture in order to replace most of the ones I located across the internet in order to avoid plagiarism and make the nomad character as authentic in its production as possible. Figure b Moreover, considering that my other classmates have applied bump maps to their characters in order to add definition to their character's clothing. I recalled a free piece of software known as "Crazy Bump" which is a quick and easy way to create bump maps from image files. It is also worth mentioning that when applying the bump map that the type of bump map is set as shown in figure a.  The reason I chose to use my map as a "Tangent Space Normals" is because to my understanding from the tutorial it is normally used for standard game models according to the instructor. Additionally, the bump maps have applied a tremendous amount ...