Skip to main content

CG Character Development Session 44

Session Review

Proceeding from the previous session, I returned to progress my experience with uv mapping sand create a successfully flattened UV map of the character's arm as instructed in the tutorial.

Moreover, this time I had certainly learned to allot and my work rate was faster, however, after trying to go to Create UVs > Projection and make my cut UV's appear in the UV editor window it did not display my selection with the edges of the model selected. Instead, I had to select the arms faces not edges in order for something to appear on the screen.

Despite the fact I made the arm appear in the uv editor window. It appears that my multiple attempts to unfold and flatten the arm out was unsuccessfully(figure 2) and purely because the program itself appears to be glitchy.
Figure 2 The Irony

Naturally,  half an hour later I discovered a useful video boasting how to create a successful uv map by ???

Furthermore, before I returned to uv map the character, I duplicated the nomad's bodysuit in order to re shaded it black and use Maya's simple textures in case I failed to UV map and paste mt textures before the submission.

Moreover, once the bodysuit was created I was in the process of shading the suit black until a discovery was made.  One of the individual faces were selected instead of the model and that face alone was shaded with a new colour. It is worth mentioning that, this is the same method, I used to texture a previous model in 3ds max.

Simple selecting individual faces of the model and pasting specific textures in specific areas of the model can be a very efficient and simple way to texture a model and is a method I will consider highly.

References

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rVgZzzACGY

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomad Production: Finishing Touches

Session Notes Taking a moment to resume progress with the character I have made sure each part of the model's vertices, uv mapping, textures and topology areas clean and organised as possible before attempting to pose the character in Zbrush. using a plugin named Transpose However, while successfully importing a clean model of my character into Zbrush using the spheres to rig the character proved challenging considering I am still new to some of Zbrush's features and thus proved far too time-consuming for the academic deadline. Nevertheless, I have downloaded KeyShot 5 and attempted to render features of the nomad such as the tribal mask and truly show it off by making the render look as detailed as possible. Browsing ArtStation once more and observing others renders I pasted and edited a lovely forest green grunge background along with applying subtle lighting effects I learned from Photography to create a colour and vibrant render sheet. Henceforth, after combini

(OLD) CG Nomad Final Session Log

Session Review During the events of this final academic session of the nomad, my current concentration was focused on applying more detail to the nomad's helmet and creating a new skin texture. Moreover, the reason for me creating a new skin texture from the previous face skin was because of the previous skin had a harsher completion on the character and a fellow classmate found it unnerving. Moreover, browsing through my photography CDME module folder, I used a portion of my skin an d re shaded indigo in order to create a smoother and more tillable face skin for the nomad. I must say I was very impressed with the quality of detail with the final skin render (figure a). Furthermore, returning to the class I continued to face difficulty successfully, uv mapping the characters head.  However, thanks to constructive criticism from both the lecturer and fellow classmates I proceeded to follow a tutorial from Vimeo, which I personally felt was much simpler to follow a

Week 1: Class Introduction and Character Development Session 1

Session Review Returning from the summer holiday, during today's introductions session,. This session as I assumed was simply an introduction to the rules and regulations of th module and workshop session where the class and I play around in Maya and reacquainted ourselves with the tools and interface. Thankfully I had remembered and learned the majority of the core modelling and editing tools in Mayas interface in order to continue my progression and experiments with 3d modelling. In adoption, I can now compare Maya to what I learned in 3d Studio Max from my time in college and over the summer holiday. A useful tool in Maya used to save your object selections Furthermore, the moment the real production began the moment I got the green light to  produce a series of sketches and contemplate on the series rough sketches and produce my first design  of character by the third academic week. The reason why it is essential to create the character illustration is  in order fo