Skip to main content

CG Character Development Session 34

Session Review

During tonight's evening session, I simply applied additional edge loops on top at the top and back of the head in order to give the head a smoother curved structure and slowly metamorphism s the head from a squared rock like a statue into an organic and curved head.

In addition, I am pleased with the work I have applied to the nomad's mask as well. In order to create the wonderful tip of the mask I have finally used my own nomad illustration as a reference for the mask and in addition, the lips have been fused together and when I pulled the lips inwards.
Making further adjustments to the mask model

After realizing this with the mask m, The tip of the lips was also pulled to further shape and thicken the outer rim of the lips along with the mouth.

Moreover, something worth keeping a record of, is during this session I accidentally hid the main menu bar in Maya only to discover that Ctrl, M hides the main menu bar which is incredibly useful otherwise the remaining time I have with this Nomad model would be very painful to work with.





References

http://gaulkedental.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dentures.jpg

http://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33746


https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture/i-have-lost-maya-2012-main-menu-bar-file-edit-etc/td-p/3029238

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomad Production: Finishing Touches

Session Notes Taking a moment to resume progress with the character I have made sure each part of the model's vertices, uv mapping, textures and topology areas clean and organised as possible before attempting to pose the character in Zbrush. using a plugin named Transpose However, while successfully importing a clean model of my character into Zbrush using the spheres to rig the character proved challenging considering I am still new to some of Zbrush's features and thus proved far too time-consuming for the academic deadline. Nevertheless, I have downloaded KeyShot 5 and attempted to render features of the nomad such as the tribal mask and truly show it off by making the render look as detailed as possible. Browsing ArtStation once more and observing others renders I pasted and edited a lovely forest green grunge background along with applying subtle lighting effects I learned from Photography to create a colour and vibrant render sheet. Henceforth, after combini...

Playing Around in ZBrush

Session Notes Playing around n ZBrush! ..... References http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/sculpting-a-head/ http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/basic-concepts/2d-and-3d-navigation/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WL11hCGGA https://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-zbrush/cedric-seaut-s-character-modeling-download-only.html IMPORT FROM MAYA TO ZBRUSH http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=129098 http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?3878-Maya-model-into-ZBrush windows->settings and preferences->plugin manager enable the objexport plugin and you will see the option available in the export menu. The import button is located into ztool panel on the top left ! Yes, the Import button at the top of the Tool palette lets you import an OBJ mesh. If you ever wanted to import a DXF model, you would have to select the Polymesh3D tool and then use Tool>Inventory> Import with the DXF option active.26 Aug 2003 By ...

CG Character Development Session 46

Session Review Figure a Following on from the previous session, over the past week I have proceeded to create a series of my own texture in order to replace most of the ones I located across the internet in order to avoid plagiarism and make the nomad character as authentic in its production as possible. Figure b Moreover, considering that my other classmates have applied bump maps to their characters in order to add definition to their character's clothing. I recalled a free piece of software known as "Crazy Bump" which is a quick and easy way to create bump maps from image files. It is also worth mentioning that when applying the bump map that the type of bump map is set as shown in figure a.  The reason I chose to use my map as a "Tangent Space Normals" is because to my understanding from the tutorial it is normally used for standard game models according to the instructor. Additionally, the bump maps have applied a tremendous amount ...