Skip to main content

CG Character Development Session 19

Session Review

Connecting both ends using the Append to Polygon tool
During this afternoon session I learned a new trick as I continued to fix my characters box crotch if you select a vertice in vertex mode and hold the V key on your keyboard and drag it to another vertex using the move tool on the model then both vertices will align correctly.

Furthermore I learned that the maya equivalent to the bridge tool from 3d studio max is called the Append to Polygon Tool which consists of you selecting the one edge of the model and clicking on the another edge to create a polygon that connects them together in this case.

Extruding the legs for the character was interesting since I also discovered in order to straighten the extruded edges make sure the edge of the object is selected and use your scale tool and pull the green box until it touches the cyan box and continue doing that until the edge appears to be straight.

Shaping the feet
Overall I have learned allot of new tricks and useful tools for instance during the tutorial the instructor wanted to remove extra edges on the model but in order to successfully achieve that he used the split polygon tool to create edges and then he used the Delete Edge/Vertex tool to remove them.

When I used this toll to remove the extra edges on my imported 3ds max human model I unsuccessfully removed because the toll i used incorrectly can cut out large sections of your model.



By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomad Production: Finishing Touches

Session Notes Taking a moment to resume progress with the character I have made sure each part of the model's vertices, uv mapping, textures and topology areas clean and organised as possible before attempting to pose the character in Zbrush. using a plugin named Transpose However, while successfully importing a clean model of my character into Zbrush using the spheres to rig the character proved challenging considering I am still new to some of Zbrush's features and thus proved far too time-consuming for the academic deadline. Nevertheless, I have downloaded KeyShot 5 and attempted to render features of the nomad such as the tribal mask and truly show it off by making the render look as detailed as possible. Browsing ArtStation once more and observing others renders I pasted and edited a lovely forest green grunge background along with applying subtle lighting effects I learned from Photography to create a colour and vibrant render sheet. Henceforth, after combini...

Playing Around in ZBrush

Session Notes Playing around n ZBrush! ..... References http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/sculpting-a-head/ http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-started/basic-concepts/2d-and-3d-navigation/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WL11hCGGA https://shop.3dtotal.com/training/training-ebooks-zbrush/cedric-seaut-s-character-modeling-download-only.html IMPORT FROM MAYA TO ZBRUSH http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=129098 http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?3878-Maya-model-into-ZBrush windows->settings and preferences->plugin manager enable the objexport plugin and you will see the option available in the export menu. The import button is located into ztool panel on the top left ! Yes, the Import button at the top of the Tool palette lets you import an OBJ mesh. If you ever wanted to import a DXF model, you would have to select the Polymesh3D tool and then use Tool>Inventory> Import with the DXF option active.26 Aug 2003 By ...

CG Character Development Session 46

Session Review Figure a Following on from the previous session, over the past week I have proceeded to create a series of my own texture in order to replace most of the ones I located across the internet in order to avoid plagiarism and make the nomad character as authentic in its production as possible. Figure b Moreover, considering that my other classmates have applied bump maps to their characters in order to add definition to their character's clothing. I recalled a free piece of software known as "Crazy Bump" which is a quick and easy way to create bump maps from image files. It is also worth mentioning that when applying the bump map that the type of bump map is set as shown in figure a.  The reason I chose to use my map as a "Tangent Space Normals" is because to my understanding from the tutorial it is normally used for standard game models according to the instructor. Additionally, the bump maps have applied a tremendous amount ...